Blogging on a Nice Sunny Day

28 05 2009

Hey everyone!  As I sit outside on my deck in the sunshine and look at  power point slides of the past two weeks of lectures in my nutrition class, all I can think about is the great day that I have had so far, and how I would rather share it with you than fall asleep looking at these slides.

So, here’s my day so far:

Woke up at the butt crack of dawn 4:30am to go meet with Coach D for our training run at 5:30am.  I thought running at this ridiculously early hour was going to be absolutely painful, but it actually wasn’t too bad.  We did hill repeats today since he has a mini-triathlon coming up this weekend and didn’t want to beat his legs up too much.  Well, I’m glad that his legs are fine, cause within about 2 hours of our workout I could feel the soreness coming on.  Our workout this morning went something like this:

  • Start with a warm up run of about a mile.  His warm ups and mine are a little different, so this was kind of fast for me, which was fine.  I was looking for a hard workout this morning.
  • Then we did our drills/dynamic stretches that he has me do every day after my runs
  • Then came the hill repeats!!  So, this hill was the devil I tell you!  We sprinted up to the top and walked back down 6 times.  I swear I was running as fast as I could but really felt like I was going nowhere.  My legs were moving but it seemed like a lifetime until I got to the top.  By the 6th repeat my lungs were about to explode right along with my quads.  
  • When we were done with our hills, we took a cool down run which I am guessing was about a mile like the first, but damn it was tough.
  • All in all…it was a great workout this morning and I can’t wait to do it again!!

It’s only 2:45 in the afternoon here and my quads are already sore!  I wonder how my run will go tomorrow, or if my legs will be anything other than paperweights?

When I got home, I was STARVING!  I did 4 sets of 14 pushups and 15 squat to push press with dumb bells followed by some front and side planks before I hopped in the shower, but couldn’t wait for my oats to be ready, so I had one scoop of protein powder with a little bit of coffee that was left at the bottom of the pot.  It was pretty good actually, and gave me a bit of a boost.  🙂

When I got out of the shower, I made some steel cut oats with two cut up strawberries, some mango chunks, and 1/4c of unsweetened vanilla almond milk.  It was good, but no where near as amazing as my banana and almond butter oats from yesterday.


Usually a bowl of oats of this size will keep me full for at least two hours, but no joke, 40 minutes later my stomach was growling and I was starving marvin!  It might have been the fact that I didn’t really add any fat or protien to the mix.  I didn’t want to eat my snack that I was taking to school with me, so I had a small handful of raw mixed nuts, and a few more strawberries, oh and some carrots when I was putting together my snack for school.  Yeah, and I was still hungry!

For my shack at school, I took a delicious Fuji apple, a Peanut Butter Balance Bar, and a little baggie of baby carrots…that of course, I forgot to get a picture of.  But, I’m sure you get the picture in your head.  I ate all of those snacks in the three hours I was at school.  Can we say BOTTOMLESS PIT?

When I got home, I decided to make a delicious salad to snack on before I came outside to catch some rays.  Finally, I am full and know that this will hold me over while I am training my clients.


In the Mix:

  • Spinach
  • Mixed greens
  • Carrots
  • Cucumber
  • Bell Pepper
  • Tomatoes
  • Tuna (with a little light mayo and mustard mixed in)
  • Lemon Pepper

Wholy frieken Yum!

Oh crap, I just realized what time it is, and I need to get ready to train my clients.  I’ll be back in a bit to finish this post and recap my evening.  Later bloggies!


Hey guys!  I’m back from training my clients.  I guess I could have made this into two seperate posts, but since I saved it from earlier, I’ll just add onto it.  🙂

I had a great time with my clients!  They’re so fun and awesome to be with!  Even though I was really full from my Hugh Jass (props to Sarah for that one) salad, I knew that in about 3 hours I would be hungry and would need a snack between clients, so I made this:


In the Mix:

  • One cup of non-fat plain organic yogurt
  • A few chunks of frozen papaya from Trader Joe’s
  • Two cut up prunes
  • Cinnamon

This snack was delicious!  I had it about two hours after I made it, which gave the papaya time to thaw out and all of the flavors infused together, what a great snack!!  The yogurt has 11g of protein and only 11o cal for one cup, those are great stats and made me happy that that I could get so many good things out of such a yummy and simple snack!

When I got home, I made my normal bowl of steamed veggies and grilled chicken (just see the pic from yesterday’s post).  Except, this turned out to be a total disaster!!  I always steam my veggies over a pot of boiling water and turn the temp down a bit while the veggies are steaming.  Well, I got into a conversation with the hubby and forgot to turn the water down…..we were talking and he stops and says, “Hey, is something burning?”  I ran into the kitchen to check and low and behold….all of the water had burned off and the frieken pan was burning on the stove!!  Crap!!  My veggies were slightly burned too, and the smell was awful!  My dinner was ruined, but since I didn’t want to waste food, I doused the veggies with hot sauce and ate them anyways.  Bad idea…now I have a tummy ache.  How embarrassing!  I have never done that before, and won’t do it again.  Note to self: Pay more attention when cooking!  

After all of that, I decided to have a glass of wine and just chill with the hubbs…..and forget that I could have burnt the frieken house down!


I just realized that this a really bad picture, and my finger looks funny behind the glass.  Oh well, at least it’s a good glass of wine right?  🙂

Tomorrow morning I am doing my easy-ish 30 minute run and am working on my breathing drills followed by a Crossfit workout at the gym.  I will update you guys tomorrow and let you know how it goes.  Hopefully this will help calm down my athsma a bit.

Have a great evening guys!!  Catch up with you tomorrow!

Dayna 🙂




Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: